Permit Applications

Building Permits
Building permits are obtained from the Brokenhead River Planning District for all construction within the boudaries of the Town of Beausejour and the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead, including the communities of Garson and Tyndall.
 Building Inspector –
 Telephone:  204-268-6705           E-mail:
Permit Application Building Permit Application.pdf
Garage/Shop Permit Application Garage-Shop Permit Application.pdf
Development Permit Application Development Permit.pdf
Demolition Permit Demolition Application.pdf
Sign Application Sign Permit Application.pdf 
Permit Fees Permit Fees Document.pdf
Required Information for Building Permits Required Information for Permit Applications.pdf
Inspection List Please call for these inspections.pdf
Access Permits
Properties located in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead require an Access Permit for access and culvert installation.  Permit fee is $ 50.00.  Permit applications are available at the R.M. of Brokenhead Office.  Telephone:  204-268-6700

If your site is on a Provincial Road or Highway, an access permit must be obtained from the Manitoba Infrastructure - Highways Planning and Design.  For more information, please contact The Highway Planning and Design office at 204-945-3457
Application forms are also available from our office.

Electrical Permit
Electrical permits must be obtained from the local Manitoba Hydro office
For more information please visit Manitoba Hydro's website

Ventilation System:
Certification of the ventilation system is required prior to occupancy of the dwelling.

Wells and Septic Fields
Permits are required and can be obtained from the Environment Control Office in Lac du Bonnet.
Telephone:  (204) 345-1488