Registering with Amilia
The Brokenhead River Recreation Commission now does all of our program registration online through the Amilia software. To register for a program you will need to create an account. Under one account you can add several family members (kids, spouse, parents, etc.). For more information about how to make a purchase with Amilia, read this article.
Once you have an account created you will be able to register for any programs offered by the BRRC in one spot. For more information on how your account works, read this article.
Payment & Refund Policy
- The Brokenhead River Recreation Commission currently accepts credit card, cash or cheques made payable to the RM of Brokenhead
- Payments can be made online during your program check-out.
- Cash or cheque payments can be dropped off at the office in the Sun Gro Centre, Beausejour, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm with the Program Director 1 week prior to the program starting.
- Payments can be deposited into the office mail slot at the Sun Gro Centre, outside of regular office hours in an envelope clearly labelled with participants name(s) and the program(s) they are attending
- Payments can be mailed to Box 1373 Beausejour, MB, R0E0C0
General Cancellation Policy
All programs are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient registration. The Brokenhead River Recreation Commission Program Director will notify participants as soon as a decision has been made to cancel a program due insufficient registration. Refunds will be given for cancelled programs.
Rescheduled Program/Inclement Weather
Every attempt will be made to reschedule classes that are cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, facility or instructor conflict. In the event that the rescheduled class does not suit the program participant, a refund will be provided for the class(es) missed. When Schools are closed due to inclement weather, any BRRC programs taking place within those schools will be cancelled. If participants are unsure whether their program has been cancelled, please contact the Program Director at 2042689266 ext 3 or email@example.com.
If the program has not yet started and participants wish to withdraw from the program they have registered for, please let us know a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the program deadline, or by 4:30pm Friday if the program is on the weekend.
If you paid by credit card and are withdrawing from the program, a refund will be sent via credit card.
In the event the participant does not provide a minimum of 48 hours warning that they will not be attending a class, or fail to show up entirely, they will not receive their payment back. Considerations will be given on a case by case basis.
If a participant is paying by cheque and the cheque does not clear, all processing fees will be the responsibility of the account owner and will be invoiced via the BRRC.
COVID-19 Cancellation & Refund Policy
The following policy outlines the regulations and circumstances for cancellations and refunds for Brokenhead River Recreation Commission programming as they pertain to COVID-19. In an abundance of caution during this global health crisis, extra measures to promote the health and safety of all will be implemented.
Regarding the Participant
- In the case of illness symptoms presenting, participants are advised to remain absent from the activity and contact BRRC for a refund. This applies regardless of whether or not the symptoms are confirmed to be COVID-19 based.
- If the activity is a multi-week activity, refunds will be issued on a pro-rated basis. For example: If a class is to run every Monday for 6 weeks, and on the day before the second class a participant develops a fever, that participant should not attend the class. The participant can contact BRRC and receive a refund equivalent to 1/6th the registration fee. If the illness symptoms match known COVID-19 symptoms, the participant is welcome to return to the planned classes after receiving a negative COVID-19 test.
- Should a participant refuse to follow public health guidelines, (attending gatherings when ill, refusing to respect social distancing guidelines, etc.) BRRC reserves the right to remove the non-compliant participant from the program, or the remainder of, without refund. Compliance may be determined either by the Program Director, or the contracted instructor for the activity.
Regarding a Confirmed Outbreak
- In the case of a positive COVID-19 being received 14 days or less PRIOR to the day of the program starting, the Program Director should be notified as soon as possible so that a refund may be issued and/ or the participation slot may be re-opened.
Regarding Public Health Restrictions
- In the event of a mandatory area (RM of Brokenhead or Beausejour) lock-down order, the program will be cancelled by the Program Director. Should this occur, participants will be notified as soon as possible and a full refund will be issued.
- In the event of provincial or federal regulations restricting the participation in activities through reduced gathering sizes to below the program operating threshold, the BRRC will cut the program numbers to comply with the gathering size only if the instructor is comfortable with operating the program. In this event, the individuals who have paid will receive priority for the new class size. Individuals will be contacted by the Program Director in this event.
Regarding the Instructor
- If the instructor of the program experiences COVID-19 symptoms, confirmed or not, BRRC reserves the right to attempt to reschedule the classes to a date after a negative test is acquired.
- If the registered instructor is unable to participate due to illness, BRRC reserves the right to substitute the instructor for a similar or equivalently qualified individual if possible.
- If the instructor is not able to participate due to illness AND cannot reschedule AND a substitute cannot be located at least 48 hours before the start time of the class, the class will be cancelled by BRRC, and a full refund will be issued to all participants.
Regarding the Facility
- In the event of the planned facility for the program being closed due to COVID-19 related restrictions or sanitization, BRRC reserves the right to transfer the class(es) to another equivalent facility within the Municipality of Brokenhead. Every attempt will be made to relocate as close to the original location as possible, however extra distance may become necessary if a suitable venue cannot be secured within the township. The program may also be delayed in order to keep the same venue by running the program at a later date. If another suitable location cannot be secured or the program cannot be run at a later date, BRRC will issue a full refund to all participants.