A deck permit is required if the structure floor will be higher than 2 feet above grade or larger than 50 sq. ft. If the uncovered deck is in compliance with the zoning bylaws, the deck (development) permit is the only permit needed. Regardless of whether the deck is attached to any other structure, a permit is still required. This is also required for seasonal campground decks if they meet the above requirements.




  1. Application Form
  2. Site Plan
  3. Construction plans
  4. Letter of Authorization (Required if someone is filling out the application on behalf of the owner)