Residents locating a pool on their property within the Brokenhead River Planning District are required to obtain a permit. Details of the location of the pool, fencing and security (ie: gates and latching devices) must be identified.
Whether the hot tub, pool or pond is temporary or permanent, in-ground or above ground, if it can hold more than two (2) feet deep of water, a pool permit is required.
Outdoor pools must be enclosed with a fence or other suitable barrier constructed in accordance with Section 10.1.2 of the Manitoba Building Code (Regulation 127/2006). (Minimum 5 ft. high barrier with all openings to be self-closing and lockable) Fences must be completely enclosed by a vertical board fence, with no vertical or horizontal supports that would facilitate climbing, or a chain link fence not less than No. 12 gauge galvanized steel wire, constructed or erected in accordance with the following:
- Fences shall have a minimum height of 5.0 feet (1.52m), including gates.
- There shall be no openings other than an entry to a building or a gate and it shall be constructed so as to prevent a child from crawling under either the fence or gate.
- Gates must be self-closing and equipped with a lockable latch.
- Application Form
- Site Plan
- Plans for Pool (engineered stamped plans required for inground pool)
- Plans for fence to enclose Pool (if required)
- Letter of Authorization (Required if someone is filling out the application on behalf of the owner)